My MOM is the reflection of WOW

by Ankita


My MOM is the reflection of WOW!

Because she knows the answers of which, what and how??

Her name is Asha, 

Which means "hope," in Hindi "Bhasha."

Her life revolves around us

Because we are her mini world who keeps her “khush.” (happy)

My mom loves her all five kids equally:

Nimmi, simpi, dinki, chinki and abhi. (nicknames for us four sisters and 1 brother)

With love, we call her mummy!!

And she cooks everything yummy!!

Saree is her favorite attire:

Red, blue, green, all the colors you desire.

Kurta trend has changed her wardrobe though

Because its comfy, easy to wear, and ready to go.

Her maroon lipstick and Bindi

Love listening to her Bhojpuri and Hindi. (languages)

Chai and khakhra make her feel good

That’s she like to have it as “first morning food”

Her smile is positive and strong:

This Mumma and child bond will be lifelong.

Our phone calls are enough to make her day

Whether its Monday or Sunday.

I love to see her on Whatsapp and Facebook

Because this shows my “mummy’s" new Techie look.

A woman with a strong heart and kind words

That always make her move forward.

She has a positive attitude

Because she believes in gratitude.

Once she had a wish

That my kids should learn English.

Hope my little poem make her blush.

My mom and dad are compatible:

That’s why they are inseparable.

She is a proud nani (grandmom) of 8 Grandchildren.

Some are in high school and some are in kindergarten.

I will never forget those hardships she has faced.

She didn’t run out of the situation but she tried to accept and change.

Thinking and writing about her is like my flashback of childhood:

I wish to hug her right now and enjoy the motherhood.

Being a mom is a full time job without any pay and holiday

Which I think everybody can say,

And I came to know this when I gave birth to my pickney. (child in Caribbean English)

Visiting us in USA was real adventure for my mom and dad

Because it was their first abroad trip together which they had.

Colorado trip was my mom’s favorite destination

Which she still remembers it as a HEAVEN.

My mom is the best

Which every kid says,

And now I guess,

It’s your time to say yes, yes, yes!!


Thanks for being patient listeners😊

#stayhome #staysafe




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An unexpected moment!

An unexpected moment

A time when I felt close to my paternal grandparents