A time I tried something new

by Ankita

A time you started something new . . . this topic is as refreshing as it sounds!

Trying something new is as Refreshing as Pink blossoms of spring! The way the spring season brings new life, the same way opening a mind to something new is also a possibility to enjoy newness in our life.

Trying something new is as Joyful as a Smile. The way a smile brightens our day, thinking something new brings positivity and feeling of happiness. So, Happiness is a way of trying something new.

Trying something new is as Essential as Breathing. The way breathing keeps our cells alive, the same way trying new things rejuvenates our life.


So, I feel that trying new things or doing new things is a process of coming out of our comfort zone. It changes our lives and bring joy because it changes our perspective and allows us to see things differently. This allows us to see new possibilities.

Now the question comes: how to try new things??

It’s not very easy though, to try new things, because opening our mind to a new thing or a new way of thinking is often frightening because its unfamiliar. It requires a lot of courage and discipline. And as a result, we give up!!

I am trying to remember a time when I started something new. Hmm…. actually, it happens every day. Funny! Right?

I try to do something new every day. How?

Trying something new doesn’t mean that you have to start with something bigger. It can be as simple as drinking 4 liters of water in place of 2 liters of water. Did you get me?? I did something new here. Right? More water, More energy, Happier! :)

Or self-affirming on every Sunday night that I am going to wake up early every day this week and give beautiful “Me Time” to myself. This is the clear definition of “Thinking something new and applying it ” because in previous weeks, I failed to do that, but we can’t give up . I am making an effort to bring some changes to make my life better by doing new things because it was my first step to change my lifestyle.

As I said, trying new things means thinking in a new or innovative way in any moment, whether it’s handling own behavior like in place of getting mad: if I chose to solve with patience, the outcome will be beautiful which was about to turn into ugly form. But little, new good thoughts change us.

The 21 days challenge when I took to take care of my health, which includes clean eating, daily workouts, mindfulness practice etc. As a result, I am in charge of getting these things done on a regular basis because this makes me better person everyday physically, mentally and spiritually.

I loved my decision which I took 2 years back to be part of a book club due to which I am a reader now, I love reading books! For me, buying or issuing books from library is as exciting as buying new clothes or any accessories.

My recent challenge in the category of “trying something new” was a “mobile detox in weekends, or no use of social media.” I am going stronger: it’s been a more than month and weekends still look beautiful. I would say more beautiful because I feel more conscious and enjoy some breaks from checking all notifications. I try to live in my cocoon and restore positive energy by doing something different during those breaks.

Well I said a lot, so I would like to conclude here that I tried to take examples from my daily life that how little changes in our day to day life make us ready and strong to step on for other new big things in life whether its traveling across the world OR jumping from the plane (sky diving) Or Baking something for the first time OR Just making your hobby as a profession OR creating own library OR creating home garden OR Writing daily Journals OR Just simply Smiling and laughing more, etc. etc.

When we self-discover ourselves by doing these above practices, we are not afraid of trying new things, we love newness in our life. Our heart and brain crave to try new things every day.

Now you must be thinking, why are new experiences so important to lead a happy life?

Because when we try something new, our brains and bodies are challenged. Once stagnant or undressed neurotransmitters or muscles are shocked and put to use. Our bodies and brains thrive on the attention and we feel better as we put them into practice! (which I learned from google.)

Trying something new is a possibility to experience something new in our life! Every day is a new day. Let’s explore more, think more, live more, love more, laugh more.


Thanks for being such patient listeners.

#STAYHOME #STAYSAFE

Comments

  1. Very innovative Ankita. I am really surprised to see your talent in this field. Ok keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An unexpected moment!

An unexpected moment

A time when I felt close to my paternal grandparents