A time I tried something new

by Vanaja

We've all tried new things in our lives. Whether it's watching a different language movie, trying a new recipe, eating at a new restaurant, starting a new job, buying a new type of clothes, meeting new people,  etc. It's part of life and it's part of growing up.

It can be looking simple as taking a new class, entering new college or going to a new restaurant, but all this starts with something shy and panic. But we need to take the step and jump in.

Here why new things are important:

GIVES US CONFIDENCE

Building up confidence is important. If I try something new and I am successful in that gives me the confidence to try something else. I believe that "Mistakes are Proof that you are trying." If I am getting positive results, it encourages me to keep going and try more new things.

In my childhood I tried to ride a bike but I was very scared. But my brothers helped me a lot daily. In that process I got hurt on my knees badly. After one day I learnt to ride a bike. That was when I remember I tried something new. After, I got so many prizes in school sports (like running, Kho Kho and long jump). Trying new things increases my happiness.

After school in college I tried to get new friends, and adjusting  in a hostel was hard in new environment . Initially I was very panicky but day by day I learnt so many things and got adjusted.

Later I tried a lot to get a free seat for Masters. I wrote an Entrance Exam, because my parents said if you get a free seat then only you can do Masters, otherwise not. I was very tense to see my results. Finally I saw them, but I didn't get a good score. Then also some of my Family members motivated my Patents. So I  joined Masters and completed with new challenges every day.

I feel new is always exciting. As you know the expert in everything was once a beginner!

Then I Married a Unknown person after that kids came into my world. Then I was a very busy mother with trying different something for them every day (holding, bathing, feeding, trying new recipes and engaging) I am so happy to try new something that my family likes, and if they like what I tried new that  boosts up my happiness and makes me excited to do something else.

Now in this lockdown I am trying with my kids painting, coloring, playing new board games and trying so many new recipes. Like this we are breaking up the routine of life.

It teaches me that you are capable of more,  and I can gain my confidence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An unexpected moment!

An unexpected moment

A time when I felt close to my paternal grandparents