My baking story

by Trunali

When we try something new, it might be a new dress, a new dish, a new look or learning something new. While doing something different which is out of your comfort zone, we might like it or not. When we try something new we get either a good or a bad experience but we always learn.

I would like to share my ‘baking’ story with you. As kid I loved baked foods like cakes, pastries, cookies etc. My mom used to buy it for me once in a while these things. She did not know how to make these at home. When I was growing up I got busy in studies and in other activities. Whenever I wanted to eat these things I used to buy them from the bakery. It was easily available in India.

After some years of my marriage we moved to the USA with my 3 years old daughter. And then I came to know that eggless cake is not easily available here. We follow a vegetarian diet. So I decided to learn baking. Cooking is always easy for me but baking is totally new. I never tried it before. I asked my friends for some recipes. One of my friend suggested me store bought premix. I thought to give it a try. I bought one packet and I followed the instructions with a few changes. And it went wrong. I was very upset but I wanted to learn. So, I searched on a google, saw lots of video's. A few eggless baking recipes were available. I tried them. After a few attempts one of the cake came out well. I felt so happy in that moment. I learnt how to bake. My daughter was so happy to eat that cake. “mummy, it’s yummy" I felt proud.

From that day, I always try to bake whenever I get a chance. Now baking is a relaxing therapy for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An unexpected moment!

An unexpected moment

A time when I felt close to my paternal grandparents